Supported File Types for eSigner Code SigningWith SSL.com’s eSigner service, you can use your SSL.com Extended Validation Code Signing Certificate to sign code from any internet-connected device without any additional hardware. After enrolling your EV Code Signing certificate order in eSigner, you can sign code with either the eSigner Express web app, eSigner CodeSignTool or through SSL.com’s CSC-compliant code signing API. eSigner can be used for Microsoft Authenticode, Java code signing, MSI installers and various types of scripts. A complete list of supported file types is available below.
|Microsoft Authenticode File Types||
|MSI File Type||
|PowerShell Scripts File Types||
|Other Scripts File Types||
|CAT File Type||
|CAB File Type||
|Java File Type||
eSigner CKA Supported File TypeseSigner CKA (Cloud Key Adapter) is a Windows based application that uses the CNG interface (KSP Key Service Provider) to allow tools such as certutil.exe and signtool.exe to use the eSigner CSC for automated EV code signing operations. It acts like a virtual USB token and loads the code signing certs to the certificate store. eSigner CKA is able to support all of the 22 previously mentioned file types for code signing and can also support additional file types including:
Supported File types for eSigner Document SigningListed below are the the files supported by eSigner Express for document signing:
- Authentication: The identity of the signer has been validated by a publicly trusted certificate authority (CA).
- Integrity: The document has not been altered since it was signed.
- Non-repudiation: Because authentication and integrity are insured by a digital signature, a signatory cannot plausibly deny that they signed a document.
Maximum supported file sizes on eSigner
eSigner Express50 MB for code signing 5.5 MB for document signing
eSigner API200 MB for code signing 20 MB for document signing
- Enroll with eSigner for Remote Document and EV Code Signing
- Sign Documents in the Cloud with eSigner Express
- Remote Document Signing with eSigner CSC API
- Remote EV Code Signing with eSigner
- Integration Guide to Testing Remote Signing with eSigner CSC API
- Team Sharing for eSigner Document and EV Code Signing Certificates
- eSigner FAQ
- How to Automate EV Code Signing With Signtool.exe or Certutil.exe Using eSigner CKA (Cloud Key Adapter)