- SSL.com ships document signing certificates on YubiKey FIPS USB tokens. Make sure the YubiKey is inserted in your computer.
- Open the document that you want to sign in Acrobat Reader.
- Select the Tools tab.
- Click Certificates.
- Click Digitally Sign.
- Click the OK button to dismiss the dialog box that appears. You can check Do not show this message again to prevent it from appearing in the future.
- Use your mouse or trackpad to draw a box where you’d like the signature to appear.
- A dialog box will appear. Select the certificate you wish to use for signing, then click the Continue button.
- Click the Sign button. You may also optionally choose to lock the document after signing at this point.
- In the dialog box that opens, enter a filename for the signed PDF, then click the Save button.
- Enter the PIN for your hardware token, then click the OK button.
- You’re all finished! The document has been digitally signed.
Stay Informed and Secure
SSL.com is a global leader in cybersecurity, PKI and digital certificates. Sign up to receive the latest industry news, tips, and product announcements from SSL.com and stay informed of the latest changes about digital identity and encryption that can impact and enhance your life.