A Unified Communication Certificate (or UCC) is a digital security certificate which allows multiple hostnames to be protected by a single certificate.
UC certificates are also known as Subject Alternate Name (or SAN) certificates, multi-domain certificates or Exchange certificates.
All SSL.com UCCs:
- CAN secure up to 500 entries. (The first three non-wildcard entries are included, with an additional charge per entry after that.)
- CAN be used on unlimited multiple servers concurrently.
- CAN be reissued to change domains at any time without extra fees or costs.
- CAN be used on unlimited IP addresses with multiple, concurrent private keys (which is great for hosting and virtual hosts).
Entries in any SSL.com UCC:
- CAN be a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
- CAN be a wildcard domain name (i.e. *.domain.com or *.store.domain.com) but NOT a multiple-level wildcard (like *.*.domain.com).