SSL.com now offers the popular ACME protocol to all customers for SSL/TLS certificate automation.
What is ACME?
Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) is a standard protocol for automating domain validation, installation, and management of X.509 certificates. The ACME protocol was designed by the Internet Security Research Group and is described in IETF RFC 8555. As a well-documented, open standard with many available client implementations, ACME is being widely adopted as an enterprise certificate automation solution.
With SSL.com’s implementation of ACME, all of our customers can now take advantage of this popular protocol to easily automate SSL/TLS website certificate issuance and renewal.
Advantages of SSL.com ACME
- SSL.com customers who choose to take advantage of ACME certificate automation receive the same world-class technical support we offer to all of our clients.
- Avoid user frustration—SSL.com ACME certs work on all Android devices (unlike other free ACME providers).
- Unlike some other CAs, issuance of wildcard certificates is supported with both HTTP-01 and DNS-01 challenge types.
- Multi-domain (UCC/SAN) certificates may include up to 500 domain names.
- No rate limits. Unlimited certificates per domain.
- For our enterprise clients, SSL.com offers the ACME protocol as an Internet of Things (IoT) certificate automation solution.
Check out these resources for complete information on using ACME with SSL.com: