Sales Associate – Web Security and Cloud Signing
Are you interested in helping shape the security of the Internet we all depend on? Are you interested in learning about or contributing to new security policies months or years before being used in every browser? We are looking to add a Sales Associate to our growing team. We are located in the Upper Kirby area just a few minutes from I-45. The digital certificate products in our suite of services include SSL/TLS, smime/email, code and document/object signing, client authentication, and IoT. SSL.com is a voting member of the CA/Browser Forum and the Cloud Signature Consortium and as a result every team member at SSL.com is valued and provides a positive impact on Internet security in general. We regularly interact with the titans of the Internet such as Google, Amazon, Mozilla, Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, etc..
The Sales Associate–Web Security and Cloud Signing is responsible for managing SSL.com’s retail customer inbound inquires and fulfillment as well as being the connection between our customers and our products. This role will be responsible for retail customers in our Western region and will collaborate closely with the technical, product and compliance teams to provide effective solutions based on customer web security and cloud signing requirements.
The sales associate must be able to demonstrate excellent selling and communication skills as well as handling multiple projects that involves various departments. A combination of account development, account management and customer service skills are required for this position.
This role will involve processing inbound inquiries and fulfilling sales in concert with the Director of Sales but will evolve to include independent outbound direct sales as they become more familiar with our products and the marketplace.
• Process inbound inquires by engaging with customers on chat, email, and phone to evangelize SSL.com products and help customers make a purchase decision
• Takes consultative approach with customers, listen to the problems they are trying to solve and gather requirements for a solution involving our products.
• Engage in support team, sales management, and product teams on complex custom solution sales
• Ensure timely customer renewals, customer retention and account growth
• Manage customer activities and data through our CRM
• Drive sales through lead generation as well as developing existing e-commerce customers
• Become a subject matter expert on our products, the services we provide and be able to communicate them effectively
• Demonstrate an ability to handle objections and customer issues in a positive manner
JOB COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
• Preferably with 1-2 years sales experience or any equivalent experience in support, client services, fulfillment, or other customer-facing roles at a technology company
• Has an ability to manage end-to-end customer relationship
• Must be fluent in English (additional language/s is a plus)
• With experience or training in cybersecurity and engineering services. SaaS companies or any related technologies is also big plus (Training will be provided covering certificate authorities and public key infrastructure market and products.)
• Experience with HubSpot or similar CRM is an advantage
• With strong technical acumen and remote communication skills such as web conferencing
• Must be familiar with team productivity software such as Slack or similar enterprise messengers, Jira, Confluence, Trello, or similar services
This role will begin with a salary commensurate with experience and move to include commissions based on outbound sales.