eSigner EVCS: Cloud Code Signing
SSL.com’s eSigner EVCS: Cloud Code Signing enables developers and software publishers to sign their applications, secure their brand, and protect customers in the most convenient, versatile, scalable, and powerful way while complying with the highest security standards of the industry. With our EV Code Signing certificates already offering the highest level of authentication and security for software applications, we have taken our service a step higher with eSigner. While other companies only provide the option of storing your private key on an external hardware, SSL.com’s eSigner allows you to conveniently add digital signatures to your code from anywhere, with no additional need for USB tokens or your own cloud HSM. As well, eSigner CKA allows tools such as SignTool.exe or Certutil.exe to use eSigner CSC for EV code signing operations.
SSL.com provides the highest level of validation with Extended Validation Code Signing certificates.
What is an EV Code Signing Certificate with eSigner?
Cloud-based EV code signing has become a necessity for many software developers. With today’s increased reliance on remote work and asynchronous cooperation, a fast and reliable tool for remote EV code signing that also facilitates team sharing is an essential tool for any developer or software publisher . Additionally, with the continued proliferation of fake software victimizing unknowing buyers on the internet, there is a greater need for publishers to securely sign their applications to protect their customers and their brand.
Comparing eSigner cloud signing service with other ways to sign code
- USB tokens – This portable method is currently the most common for EV code signing certificates. However, it can be quite expensive for an organization to purchase multiple USB tokens. Additionally, these tokens can be stolen or lost, creating security gaps with a potentially high risk of compromise, along with the high cost of replacement.
- Networked HSM – This method offers security standards of the same high level as the physical devices since the private keys are not exportable from the HSM. This method is also easily scalable to incorporate new members of an organization and/or replace digital certificates in case of lost credentials. On the other hand, implementing this method may require additional expense and expertise, since it requires a certain level of familiarity with the technology.
- eSigner – As a modern approach to code signing as a service, SSL.com handles both the public key infrastructure (PKI) and HSMs for code signing. The non-exportable signing keys are stored in eSigner’s HSMs, where SSL.com cannot view them, ensuring high security. eSigner also makes sharing code signing certificates between teammates easy and secure. This feature of eSigner allows for globally dispersed teams to work quickly and asynchronously, without compromising the organization’s security.
Benefits of EVCS: Cloud Code Signing with eSigner
EV Code Signing Options with eSigner
How can you use EV Code Signing on eSigner?
- Software developers who wish to try our cloud-based EV code signing need to purchase EVCS certificates.
- Please read Remote EV Code Signing with eSigner for information on enrollment and use.
- Head over to the eSigner FAQ page to get more helpful information.
Need Custom Solutions?
With our expert knowledge and five-star support staff, we’re ready and willing to work with you on custom solutions or enterprise-level high-volume signing discounts. Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.